Safeguard your home and property.

What is Home Insurance?

Home insurance is intended to cover you financially should something happen to your home and/or belongings.

What does Home Insurance cover?

There are three main types of home insurance:

  • Building insurance: Covers the building itself and the fixtures from a wide variety of events, including fire, storm, impact (such as by a car or falling tree), explosion, riot, vandalism and earthquake. Flood cover may be available in some cases.
  • Contents insurance: Protects your personal belongings ranging from policies covering defined events, such as burglary, fire, storm or vandalism to broader levels of coverage that include accidental damage which protect your belongings against the cost of incidents which are unintentional in nature, such as breaking a glass mirror or spilling wine on the carpet.
  • Home and contents insurance: A combined policy of the two above which covers both the building itself and fixtures as well as personal belongings.

Austbrokers trusted Brokers are independent insurance experts who have access to numerous national and international insurers’ policies and the ability to negotiate and secure a cover that’s right for you.

Find a Broker near you today!

Find a Broker

Our Specialities

Join Austbrokers

Become an Austbrokers adviser today!

Get in touch